Sunday, April 8, 2012

Vedic Mathematics or Sixteen Simple Mathematical Formulae from the Vedas



Review by J. Pawlak "johnrp" on Amazon.com


A coworker loaned me her copy, telling me that someone as "math nutty" as myself would love it. My first impression, when reading the foreword and intro, was that it was just smoke and mirrors. Oh yeah, sure, you can divide numbers without going through the usual hit-and-miss constructive method! I'll believe that when I see it.
Well, I saw it and I'm a believer! Simply amazing! The techniques used to multiply and divide are based on well founded and cleverly applied principles, but the key to this book is that you don't really need to know WHY it works .. it just does! I think that kids should be taught this way instead of using the old traditional painful methods I was taught.
This book is a must for anyone who loves to see core mathematics applied as they were meant to be. You will, as I was, be awe struck. This is ancient wisdom at its best!

John Pawlak



No comments:

Post a Comment